Natural tips to help end your period faster from home
Sometimes the discomfort just gets to you! We get it, the monthly cramps in your lower abdomen can sometimes make you wish the day had ended. With you in mind we wrote this blog, here are natural tips which may help end your period faster.
Yes, you heard me – having sex is thought to help reduce your period days. An orgasm through intercourse or masturbation reduces cramping and menstrual flow. Why? Your orgasms cause uterine muscle contractions, which help to move menstrual blood from the uterus. Helping you shed blood faster.
You may want to try regular cardio exercises. It will help you in many ways, more than we can discuss here. However, if you are bloated, a good cardio-workout leads to water loss. Thus your water retention will be reduced which may help with cramps and bloating. It is also thought to cut down your period days.
Keep a tight weight
Your weight management is important, avoiding weight fluctuations helps ensure your periods are consistent. If your weight is out of control, here is what may happen:
|Low body fat
|You may miss your periods
|High body fat
|You may experience a heavy period (thought to be due to higher amount of fat cells leading to increased production of estrogen)
Thus you should maintain a healthy weight, this helps ensure your periods are predictable.
What you eat matters- consuming specific micronutrients could help east menstrual pains. Here are some of the nutrients thought to be beneficial:
- Did you know Vitamin B6 can affect your hormones? It has been found to increase progesterone whilst decreasing estrogen
- You may also find that if you consume foods rich in Zinc you experience alleviation of your pain. I found during research that Zinc increases the production of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) which in turn causes ovulation and leads to the production of progesterone.
- Magnesium has also been said to help boost progesterone and thus alleviate menstrual pain.
Water is your friend
An idiom which in many ways holds true. Drinking water frequently helps you get through your period
You may be keen on exploring herbal remedies but do consult your doctor if you are taking any medications. There are some herbs thought to be beneficial during your period
- Ginger has been said help reduce heavy bleeding
- Raspberry leaf is said to have muscle-relaxing properties that could help reduce uterine contractions
Massaging with essential oils is thought to alleviate the pains caused by menstrual cramps